Last year myself and Natalie Miejer joined forces in order to offer Retreats. My background in western medicine and acupuncture coupled with Natalies' background in counselling, combine to form a holistic and comprehensive approach to healing. We have both been practicing and teaching Qigong for many years and enjoy being able to bring different things to the table.
The Retreats provide an opportunity to learn and/or deepen your experience of Yuangong (Contemporary Qigong). Whether you are a beginner or an experienced practioner, the Retreats are designed to inspire your practice and life. They are varied, informative and fun and the food excellent.
Winter Wellness Retreat, 14 - 16 June 2019 , Motueka Valley
Natalie Meijer and myself are holding a small, intimate retreat at Te Manawa Eco Village in Motueka Valley this June. The Aniwaniwa Yurt is a beautiful space with a very established Qifield for healing and uplifting life. There is a log burner which will keep us cosy and warm and accommodation available. We are already building the Qifield for this special event.
Theme: True Intimacy A weekend winter retreat to deepen your connection with your True self
- Are you lacking intimacy in your life?
- What does it feel like to have a truly intimate relationship?
- What stops you from being truly intimate?
As human beings we have a deep innate need to feel connected and valued by others.The true intimacy that one experiences in deeply nourishing and satisfying relationships themselves. Do you truly know yourself?
We are offering :
- a weekend to get to know and understand yourself better.
- An opportunity for you to consciously reflect on your life, recognising what is working well for you and which areas you would like to develop and grow.
- Insights on how the true self manifests
- We will focus on deepening the connection we have to our own hearts and enable a deeper connection with the 5 Xin within ourselves (Trust, Openness, Love, Gratitude, Gongjing)
- We will be expanding on our ability to live in present moment awareness (Jue Cha)
- As it is winter it is important to nourish Lower Dantian and there will be a focus on deeply recharging the body. Depending on the Qifield we may introduce Zhong Yuan (the 5th method)
- The Kidney organs the winter organs - learn about their function in chinese medicine and qigong / emotion / nutrition - how to look after and nourish your Kidneys for a longer and stronger life.
- There will be time scheduled for journaling and creativity and a ‘xin fa’ nature walk
The retreat is limited to 15 people this year.
Investment: $350 pp
- Two Yurts (3 people in each - no extra charge)
- Twin Share: add $10 per night
- individual rooms: add $25 per night (3 single rooms available)
Food: Evening meals will be catered (Vegetarian, Gluten and Dairy Free)
We ask you to bring your own breakfasts and lunches and snacks.
A deposit of $100 required to secure your place.
With Wu Xin - Natalie and Rachel
For more info:
Natalie . www.heartwisdom.co.nz
Retreat May 2018 Mistletoe Bay
November 2017 Weekend Retreat
We had another wonderful weekend at the Shambhala Centre with beautiful weather and a very special group of people. Lots of steps forward were made at this retreat.
May 2017 Weekend Retreat
This retreat at the Shambhala Centre was fully booked. We had beautiful weather and a lovely group of people. Some had never done Qigong before and others had been doing it a while. The theme for this Retreat was "Inner Joy".
"Rachel and Natalie provided a wonderful nourishing retreat in a stunning location. I've never experienced the feeling of 'batteries fully recharged" so much as I have after their May 2017 retreat. The sessions included an awesome balance between the practical and theoretical and included time for reflection and discussion. Thank you Rachel and Natalie for making the weekend a lifetime highlight and allowing me to return home to a full schedule and a busy family full of energy and optimism. Natalie and Rachel run an excellent retreat, creating a perfect balance of physical, emotional and spiritual activities to provide a friendly, healing and nourishing time away from the busyness of everyday life."
"I came away feeling refreshed and relaxed with plenty to think about."
"I really enjoyed the knowledge and skills that Rachel brought as an acupuncturist, bringing a theoretical base to Qigong. Natalie is so skilled with meditation bringing us all in to such a calm place. They were such a great team complimenting each other really well - approachable, friendly and really made Qigong concepts feel accessible and easy to fit in to daily life using simple explanations. There was a feeling of a safe space where we could share with each other. I loved Rachel's explanations of Qi using techniques with the kids. They both brought in Joy and relaxation to it all. I had a lot of fun and have experienced some big shifts which have improved my life. Thank you so much you guys."
"During the retreat I was easily able to walk and do much more on my legs than I have for a long time. Since the retreat I feel like I have moved into a new level of personal well being, thanks Rachel and Natalie :)"